Scottish Electric Group are looking for a Mechanical Estimator to produce detailed and accurate mechanical estimates for a variety of end users and main contractor clientele, throughout a wide spectrum of industry sectors.
Scottish Electric Group have recently started a mechanical division to compliment an already substantial turnover and history within the electrical contracting industry.
The post offers a real opportunity to contribute to a growing business with a successful growth record and very real prospects.
Attractive salary package on offer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Estimating team with Mechanical bids and tenders.
• Liaise with internal and external engineers, consultants and subcontractors to construct and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
• Establish and maintain tendering processes including closing out negotiations.
• Assist in coordinating the tendering process from start to finish
• The ability to multi task and prioritize between tenders
• Developing, maintaining, refining and standardizing the estimating system & tools
• Liaising with all areas of the business as necessary to support the tender process
• Establish quantity of work scope from enquiry documents in a transparent manner
• Collate enquiries for suppliers and subcontractors
• Identification and elimination of hazards in line with the methodology of CDM for all projects
• Engaging with subcontractors and encouraging competition and diversity of supply chain
• Representing the Organization at client meetings
Skills and Experience required:
• A formal qualification related to Mechanical Engineering or Estimating discipline (desirable not essential)
• A sound Technical knowledge of Mechanical systems is essential.
• A sound understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM)
• Understanding of the planning and sequencing of construction of projects
• Must be willing to attend safety courses and hold safety certificates where applicable
• Strong background in Estimating Projects & Bid Management
• Strong background in Mechanical contracting
• Strong communication skills; able to communicate confidently with all members of the construction team, directors, clients and consultants
To apply please forward CV to email@example.com