Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Estimating team with Mechanical and Electrical bids and tenders.
- Liaise with internal and external engineers, consultants and subcontractors to construct and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Establish and maintain tendering processes including closing out negotiations.
- Assist in coordinating the tendering process from start to finish.
- Developing, The ability to multi task and prioritise between tenders.
- Liaising with all areas of the business as necessary to support the tender process.
- Establish quantity of work scope from enquiry documents in a transparent manner.
- Collate enquiries for suppliers and subcontractors.
- Identification and elimination of hazards in line with the methodology of CDM for all projects.
- Engaging with subcontractors and encouraging competition and diversity of supply chain.
- Representing the Organisation at client meetings.
- Maintaining, refining and standardising the estimating system & tools.
Skills and Experience required:
- A formal qualification related to Mechanical Engineering or Estimating discipline (desirable not essential).
- A sound Technical knowledge of Mechanical systems is essential.
- A sound understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM).
- Understanding of the planning and sequencing of construction of projects.
- Must be willing to attend safety courses and hold safety certificates where applicable.
- Strong background in Estimating Projects & Bid Management.
- Strong background in Mechanical & Electrical contracting.
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate confidently with all members of the construction team, directors, clients and consultants.
For further details please send CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy McMenemy – Tel: 01382 725 725
Scottish Electric Group 5 Luna Place Dundee DD2 1TP
Ref: M&E Estimator(s)
Closing date: 2017-03-01